- 10/08/2021 - The program is on the program page!.
- 02/08/2021 - Tentative program is on the program page.
- 17/05/2021 - We decide that SFDI2021 fully runs a virtual style.
- 17/05/2021 - We re-extend the submission deadline.
- 26/04/2021 - We extend the submission deadline.
- 18/03/2021 - We add pc members.
- 05/03/2021 - We are very honored to announce our keynote speakers for this year, Juan Sequeda and Perdita Stevens.
- 29/01/2021 - We open the website.
Big data processing is now widely employed in all aspects of our lives. Parts or copies of a huge amount of
data are stored in separate locations, and is difficult to collect and process heterogeneous data in a centralized manner, as
it would be exceedingly inefficient to transfer them over the network. We therefore need new software foundation based
on which big data can be efficiently analyzed and shared in a distributed way.
This workshop aims at fostering discussion, exchange, and innovation in research and development in software foundations
for data interoperability as well as the applications in real-world systems such as data markets. We invite not only
people from the database community but also researchers and professionals from the areas of programming language, software
engineering, distributed computing, artificial intelligence, and natural language processing to share their knowledge and
For example, bidirectional transformation has been intensively studied in both database and programming language communities to
address the view update problem, and a recent trend is to use bidirectional transformation for data sharing and data
interoperability in P2P networks. In addition, many machine learning and natural language processing models have been
utilized for data management, especially for data integration tasks. We thus hope to bring together academia and industry
people in related areas for the discussion of challenges and technical solutions to software foundations of data interoperability.
- Submission deadline: May
1st 15th 22nd, 2021, AoE
- Notification: June
1st 15th, 2021, AoE
- Camera-ready copy due: June
15th 29th, 2021, AoE
- Workshop Date: August 16th, 2021
- Makoto Onizuka (Osaka University)
- Masatoshi Yoshikawa (Kyoto University)
- Zhenjiang Hu (Peking University / NII)
- George Fletcher (Technische Universiteit Eindhoven)
- Keisuke Nakano (Tohoku University)
- Yuya Sasaki (Osaka University)
- Claudio Gutiérrez (Universidad de Chile)
- Dimitris Skoutas (Athena Research Center)
- Ekaterini Ioannou (Tilburg University)
- Erkang Zhu (Microsoft)
- George Papadakis (University of Athens)
- Hannes Voigt (Neo4j)
- Jianbin Qin (Shenzhen University)
- Jiannan Wang (Simon Fraser University)
- Massimo Tisi (IMT Atlantique)
- Muhammad Aamir Cheema (Monash University)
- Oscar Romero (UPC Barcelona)
- Renzo Angles (Universidad de Talca)
- Sebastian Maneth (Universität Bremen)
- Stefania Dumbrava (Institut Polytechnique de Paris)
- Toshiyuki Shimizu (Kyoto University)
- Verena Kantere (University of Ottawa)
- Victor Marsault (Université Paris-Est)
- Xiang Zhao (National University of Defence Technology)
- Yang Cao (Kyoto University)
- Yannis Velegrakis (Utrecht University)
- Yuyang Dong (NEC)
Past SFDI Workshops